Innovation & Transformation Fund
Initially announced back in April, the Government of Manitoba is providing funds to Abilities Manitoba to support innovation and transformation that enriches services and support for adults with an intellectual disability. Abilities Manitoba will administer and oversee the dispersal of these funds.
A Steering Committee has been formed that will oversee the selection and approval process.
Proposals supported by the Fund should result in one or more of the following outcomes:
- Improved quality of life for adults with an intellectual disability.
- Increased capacity amongst one or more service providers, sector organizations or community groups to extend and/or expand resources, services and supports to adults with an intellectual disability.
- Improved access to shared resources and training within the sector that will result in long-term and sustainable efficiencies.
Innovation requires us to move outside the familiar assumptions and patterns of behavior that have created the current reality and search for new ways to address issues or problems. We must ask what more is possible and what paths exist to arrive at these possibilities.
Transformation speaks of metamorphosis and change. Positive change at the individual, organizational and provincial level that builds greater capacity in our systems and practices to be flexible and responsive in supporting people to live meaningful lives of their own design.
The Innovation and Transformation Fund will provide applicants an opportunity to present innovative ideas aimed at building capacity within the sector and improving options, services and outcomes for people receiving services and supports. The fund will support proposals that benefit the sector in a variety of ways including expanded use of technology to support meaningful connections within the community, developing employment opportunities, nurturing valued social roles, improving the quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities and supporting service providers to deliver services that promote rights, inclusion and full citizenship.
The Fund will finance innovative programs, projects and initiatives that will address service gaps, introduce new ways of supporting individuals to meet their personal goals and support service providers and other organizations to innovate the manner in which they deliver services.
- Applicants must be not for profit organizations or charities.
- Currently actively engaged in providing direct or indirect services, supports and/or advocacy for/with people funded through CLdS
- Must be willing to share resources, learning and results emerging from their funded project with other organizations across the project.
- Organizations can submit more than one project proposal.
- Maximum award is $50,000 per project
Access the full Call for Proposals here: Innovation & Transformation Fund – Call for Proposals -Final
Access the Innovation & Transformation Fund – Call for Proposals Questions and Answers document below: